New Young Members Registration
To complete registration please read and sign this CODE OF CONDUCT and then read and sign the FULL MEMBERSHIP FORM which will load automatically when this form has been signed and submitted.
Registration will not be completed until BOTH forms have been submitted and full payment made.
YOUNG PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Derrynoose GAC adopts a child-centred approach and philosophy in the running of the club to ensure that those working with children and young people are at all times providing a quality sporting and social programme
As a young player of Derrynoose GAC I should be entitled to:
- Be safe and be treated with respect, dignity and sensitivity.
- Participate in games and competitions at levels with which I feel comfortable.
- Make my concerns known and have them dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Be listened to.
- Have fun and experience a sense of enjoyment and fulfilment.
Our young players must realise due to participation in sport in Derrynoose GAC they have a responsibility to treat others with fairness and respect. With rights there are responsibilities:
As a young player of Derrynoose GAC I should:
- Respect all coaches, mentors, officials, opponents and fellow team members.
- Respect my club: field, club rooms and equipment provided.
- Inform my coach, mentor, manager in advance if unavailable for training and games.
- Show good sportsmanship at all times; Play fairly, be gracious in defeat and modest in victory.
- Adhere to this Code of Conduct at all times.
- Know that is acceptable to talk to any member of the Safeguarding Team.
As a young player of Derrynoose GAC I should never:
- Shout, argue or use violence against a match official, coach/mentor, team mates or opponent.
- Spread rumours, tell lies about other young people or adults or use bullying tactics.
- Use technology/Social Media to take our players, mentors, club or Association into disrepute.
- Play or train if I feel unwell or are injured.
- Attend the club gym without the supervision of the adult who has consented to be responsible for me.
PARENTS, GUARDIANS & SUPPORTERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Derrynoose GAC adopts a child centered approach and philosophy in the running of the club to ensure that those working with children and young people are at all times providing a quality sporting and social programme.
Parents/guardians have an influential role to play in assisting their children to participate in gaelic games through playing our games or attending coaching sessions. They should act as a role model for their children as they participate in gaelic games.
As a parent/guardian of a young player of Derrynoose GAC I should have the right to:
- Know that my child is safe
- Be informed if my child gets injured or there are any problems or concerns relating to my child.
- Raise concerns with the relevant coach, committee or Safeguarding Team.
With these rights parents/guardians, supporters have a responsibility to:
- Attend games on a regular basis and assist in the organisation of club activities.
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment.
- Encourage children always to adhere to their code of conduct, play to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or not winning.
- Respect officials’ decisions and encourage children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators.
- Applaud good performance and efforts from all individuals and teams.
- Congratulate all participants regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Condemn the use of violence, verbal abuse in any form, whether it is by supporters, parents, coaches, officials or players.
- Not enter the field of play unless specifically invited to do so by the official in charge.
- Never use technology/Social Media to take our players, mentors, club or Association into disrepute.
- Support policies and practices of Derrynoose GAC including The Club Wellness Policy, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy, all Safeguarding Policies and Social Media Policy.
- Support involvement in modified rules games and other junior development programmes.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Complete and return the registration/permission forms for their child’s participation in the club.
- Provide their child with adequate clothing and equipment including eg. mouthguards, shin guards, sticks, helmets etc.
- Ensure their child attends coaching sessions, games or other activities on time and are collected punctually.
- Should understand that their child (U18) should not attend the club Gym outside of organized supervised team sessions without adult supervision. The adult must be a club member who is vetted, has attended safeguarding courses and consents to be the ‘responsible adult’ for the child.
I/we understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and any other policies of Derrynoose GAC. I/we understand that failure to abide by this could result in an investigation onto the breach by the Club Executive Committee. I/we by signing this will fully comply with all Derrynoose GAC committees including the Safeguarding Team and will fully co-operate when asked for information and to attend any meetings required by the Club.